How to Prosecute Someone for Identity Theft?
Identity or information is the most important thing amongst all the people in the world. But if this falls into the theft of hacke it’ll be more dangerous. Generally, a thief may use this information to unnecessary activities like applying for credit cards, filing taxes and also author activities. All types of hackers or theft take some specific idea or apps in the turn of identity theft. It has been proven that identity theft or identity fraud is one of the most common crimes in information and communication technology. Even have also fallen into this occurred and after realising that I have taken some steps to protect all my information.
How Do People Steal Your Identity?
You will be able to get a lot of ideas about how people steal your identity and all these processes are common and uncareful among us. For this reason, we are falling into the trap of theft or fraud. Now we are learning about types of fraud.
- Phishing: This will happen with an email from the scammer.
- Smishing: In the process, scammers send some text to their target audience.
- Providing Fake Websites: Sometimes scammers search some ways among them proving fake websites are one of the greatest frauds among them so be saved about this.
- Data Breaches: Data branches are one of the most internationally identified theft around the world. In this process, the hacker rides a cyber attack on the website so all should make a strong password to protect the website.
Way to Protect Yourself From Identity Theft
Information is known as a wealth of our day-to-day life and the security of this is another important thing so that constantly it has wasted by hackers or theft. To protect your information from identity theft you must need some things to know.
- Make sure a strong password: In cybersecurity said that in the USA about 52% of people don’t use passwords on their mobile phones. So, you must sure you have a strong password on your device.
- Password management: Day by day our information goes at risk of our careless activities. Using the same type of password in different accounts or devices is more dangerous and risky.
- Don’t share information with anyone: 80% of people in the world are too much friendly and for this reason, they share their information with their friends. But it is the cause of risk.
- Be conscious to overshare with social media: If you want to be safe in your daily life you must need to protect your birth date, phone number, and even your employer in your family.
- Secure your device with wifi: Be wary with the public network because all must need to know that it’s not safe for all time. When you travel anywhere you must need a VIP option. This helps you to make your more secure activities.
What To Do If Identity theft Happens With You?
If you have actually proven that your account has been stolen and hacked you just need to minimize your damage quickly. Then:
- At first, you need to share these issues with your believer who helps you mentally because it is so needed in this condition. Then you contact your bank account and ordered them to close or freeze your account.
- You’ll also be able to contact with credit card agency for making a report of your social account. Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion is the most popular agency.
- Then you just need to renew your password again and make two-step verification. You also should clean your previous information.
- As the last option, you must need to contact the police officer and make sure your identity has been theft.
These processes you must need to do if identity theft happens to you.